The two questions most people ask when purchasing fresh flowers is:
“How do I take care of my fresh flowers?”
“How long will the cut flowers last?”
Most fresh flower arrangements can last from 4 to 7 days, depending on the type of flowers and the care they receive. A little extra care for your fresh flowers can make a big difference.
- Keep any vase or floral foam soaked with water containing flower food.
- If the flower food solution becomes cloudy, replace it entirely.
- If possible, re-cut flower stems by removing one or two inches with a sharp knife.
- Remove and leaves that are below the waterline. Leaves in water will promote bacterial growth, causing the flowers to wilt rather quickly.
- Use warm water when adding water to the vase or refilling it.
- Keep fresh flowers in a cool spot (between 65 and 72 degrees Fahrenheit), and away from direct sunlight.
- Avoid placing flowers near heating or cooling vents and areas directly under ceiling fans. Do not store them on top of televisions.
- Appliances such as televisions give off heat causing fresh cut flowers to dehydrate quickly.
Tips for fresh flowers wrapped in bunches.
- If you can’t get the fresh cut flowers into a water and food solution quickly, keep them in a cool place.
- Fill a clean, deep vase or jar with water and add flower food, following any directions on the package.
- Re-cut the flower stems with a sharp knife. Do this under warm water, keeping the stem under the water while cutting. This allows the stems to draw in water instead of air.
- Place the fresh flowers in the solution you prepared.
Call for next day delivery. (707) 623-8362
Let’s get started! Contact me today